Reshat Sabiq wrote:
OK. I believe the fmt is a non-issue: el does not consider instance variables in fmt. It probably worked in Beta 2 out of luck (implementation defaulted to default localization attribute name, or something like that). I resolved that.
The last problem i'm having is that when requesting a folder with a parameter (e.g., /folder?param=value), when index.jsp for that folder is served it does not receive the parameter. This sounds simple, but makes applications unusable. Because of this, my migration to J2EE 1.4-DR is still in progress. It will probably be harder for me to fix this on my own, not knowing Tomcat's architecture and all. Has anybody else come across this?

I find this extremely odd. Welcome file redirection is done by rewriting the servlet path, etc. By then, the query string was set aside, and should be processed normally.

I think your problem is that an extra redirection will occur:
/folder -> /folder/, and it may not append back the query string. This should be a trivial fix in the adapter.
If you do /folder/?param=value I think it will work.

P.S. In the next couple of days I will be submitting a bug and at least one suggested fix for the 2 issues mentioned above.

Thanks.