Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb Henri Gomez um 10:13:

> Could you try with the latest code from CVS, since your patch seems
> to be for an older version ?

I've tested with mod_jk 1.2.4/1.2.5, but I will do it again with the
latest Version from CVS with jk.log in DEBUG mode. Will be first thing
Monday morning.

> I'd like to see test case and dumps.

What is a dump? What are your requirements for a good test case?

> I also wonder why the tomcat failed since using the
> prepost_timeout ping/pong could help you there.

It would help, but it has not been released yet (mod_jk 1.2.5 is latest
released version, but it will be in mod_jk 1.2.6) -- but it doesn't
solve problems when a tomcat fails while processing the request.

> netcat should handle AJP13, not HTTP, so it should be 8009.

Sure, yes, it was listening on 8009 and was receiving AJP13. Sorry.

> Questions :
>
> - Did Tomcat failed while handling the request or was allready
>    broken before ?
>
> - Did you clients used chunked transfert ?
>
> - You say that sometimes after a POST-failover body data from an
>    old request is sent to the other tomcat when the first connection
>    failed.
>    Do you means that the other tomcat get POST DATA which was never sent
>    by the browser in this request ? Strange since the op->post is reset
>    each time we service a new request.

As far as I was able to trace when the session mixup happend tomcat was
processing data that has been sent about 15 minutes earlier and
delivered the result to another user. I think this was due to the fact
that mod_jk mixed up the POST data. I don't know about chunked
transfers, but this is unlikely as the data was a normal form with data
less than 100 bytes.

What I was able to test was empty POST after the first tomcat failed
while processing the request and mod_jk retried on another tomcat. Wait
for my jk.logs.

Alex.

--
Alexander Schwartz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])