It is a little strange that noone from the apache team has stepped
forward to clarify that these are fake... since they are being sent
to an apache mailing list after all.

The clues I had that it was a fake:
1) Sent to an apache/jakarta mailing list... by apache.org.
2) Really poor grammar in the message. (Ok, who am I kidding? ;)
3) I started getting similar e-mails from my own domain. ;)

But it's probably given more than a few people pause.
-Paul

Mark Roth wrote:
Hi Michael,

I think the message itself is from a clever virus that is trying to get you to open the attachment. I thought I saw another such email go by my Inbox the other day that was signed "The somethingelse.com team".

Fortunately, us Linux and Solaris folk don't have to worry about such things :)

---
Mark Roth, Java Software
JSP 2.0 Specification Lead
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Michael McGrady wrote:

What is this about? I am sure of one thing, I did not improperly use anything. I don't know what you mean about "resign[ing my]account information" either. Since there was no attached file, I assume my security picked up an attempt to pass on a virus. Anyone else seeing these?

Michael