--- Henri Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
> > Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Why is Geronimo using Jetty (presumably for servlets and maybe for HTTP
> >> connector) instead of Tomcat?
> >

> > History?
>
> No politics reasons.

Like JBoss hires our Remy and therefore Geronimo (coredeveloper-based) does not
use Tomcat ?

> It's sad to see that ASF didn't use its own servlet engine for a new
> project like Geronimo.

I'm no committer, but I dare say that there's nothing to stop Tomcat Developers
from helping out with Geronimo tomcat integration..

I'm subscribed to the Geronimo-dev list. From what I see, they're still
learning the Apache-way of doing things. There are often mails that I'd
consider "frivolous", but there's some degree of development taking place too.

They'd greatly benefit from the maturity and experience of Tomcat developers.
There's lots that everyone in other projects can learn fromthe way Tomcat
developers work.

> And when you see that JBoss is using Tomcat....

I can sense some undercurrent and some resentment in the discussions over the
past hour or so, I guess it's something to do with some ASF decisions. (MT
seemed wild at them - to put  it mildly). I request you all to exercise
restraint before taking any hasty decisions - Jakarta has benefitted greatly
from Tomcat. Tomcat is indeed known as ASF's Java server...

-- SRiram