Petr Jiricka wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Petr Jiricka wrote:

BTW, this isn't really relevant, but the in memory connector is now working (= no socket). The older TC 4.x could be invoked in memory as well, but the API was cumbersome.
I thought this could be useful in Netbeans (but last time, you weren't interested, apparently), and now it's actually a little bit tested.

We actually do use an embedded Tomcat in NetBeans. It's based on Tomcat 3.2 ;-)

I must say we don't really feel the need to upgrade to a newer version, as our current integration works for what it need it for, plus the download size and memory footprint are really small.

Lol. It's quite slow though, you should use 3.3 ;)

(I really need to write a small docs page on embedding ...)

Well, if there is a simple and documented way to embed Tomcat in Java processes, then we may be interested :-) Thanks.

I think I'll write the docs :)

Au menu:
- Using Embedded
- Using JMX (which I think is cool)
- Using the in-memory connector

Speaking of which, the in-memory connector might be good for a bare bones JNI connector, if someone wants to try. The current JK JNI has about the same overhead os a socket, so it could improve performance.

Rémy