Hi,

><quote from p104 section 13.1>
>The following additional elements exist in the Web application
deployment
>descriptor to meet the requirements of Web containers that are JSP
pages
>enabled or part of a J2EE application server. They are not required to
be
>supported by containers wishing to support only the servlet
specification:
>* jsp-config
>* Syntax for looking up JNDI objects (env-entry, ejb-ref,
ejb-local-ref,
>resource-ref, resource-env-ref)
>* Syntax for specifying the message destination (message-destination,
>message-destination-ref)
>* Reference to a Web service (service-ref)
></quote from p104 section 13.1>
>
>I wasn't planning for Winstone to be a full J2EE compliant container,
so I
>took this to mean resource-ref, et al were optional. Did I read it
wrong ?

I think you read it correctly, and interpreted it correctly.  It's a
distinction between the Servlet and JSP specifications.  You just have
to be careful to mention those sort of things up front, as people might
expect those features from a "Servlet v2.4 container" (because all other
servlet containers I know of do support these features, and very few
people know the spec by heart).

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.