Tim Funk wrote:

*Changes to tomcat*
Add a proxy mode flag to allow for the X- headers to pass authentication and other variables.
Add to the manager(?) app and method to expose all the URL spaces availble.
Minor changes to fix getRemoteAddr() to show the client, not the apache server.

Pros - Simple(?) and not tomcat specific. Cons - Duplicate (re)parsing of headers, probably higher latency than jk.

The changes would have to be simple, and non intrusive performance wise. Otherwise, I'm going to prefer AJP ;)
Speaking about performance, did anyone do a comparison of mod_proxy against mod_jk to see how good/bad it is ? This is really important information IMO, and I don't see how a decision can be made without it.

Rémy