Hi,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/
JFC's portable.h breaks NetWare too; should I now extend the #ifndef like Henry did? I
guess there are probably more platforms which dont have portable.h, so it's perhaps a
better approach to do:
#ifdef HAVE_PORTABLE_H
#include <portable.h>
#endif

otherwise it would look like this:
#if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
#include "portable.h"
#else
#if defined(NETWARE) && !defined(__NOVELL_LIBC__)
#include <whatever is necessary for getting the vsnprintf, snprint replacements>
#else
#define HAVE_VSNPRINTF
#define HAVE_SNPRINTF
#endif

personally I think its not needed anyway: if we have a good implementation for
vsnprintf and friends, then why we do not trust it and use it in general over all
platforms??
What's the benefit of using the OS APIs if present?

Guenter.