Costin Manolache wrote:

Is there any reason we still need StandardClassLoader ? It seems it is only used once, in ClassLoaderFactory, and it is used exactly like a regular URLClassLoader - the only thing that needs to be moved is the convert() method. The code itself is just debug and duplication of URLClassLoader - the reverse loading is not used and it's not even really implemented in all parts of the code.

I'll keep it for now, since I'll try experiments to try to have faster classloading. If my stuff isn't efficient, then I'll remove it.

It would reduce in half the complexity in the loader package :-), and
it would make 'embeded' and 'standalone' more similar ( embeded doesn't
usually use Bootstrap and StandardClassLoader but the embedding app loader).

Rémy