Hi,
I have a couple of only-slightly-related comments, but related
nonetheless so I'll put them here.

Re: endorsed directories.  Do we still want to support JDK 1.3 in Tomcat
5.1?  Since we're gearing up for JDK 1.5, we might want to make 1.4 the
minimum.  I'm +0.5 on this.

>As for the nature of the changes, the bug fixes are important fixes in
>the area of JSR 45 spec-compliance. I believe they affect all tools
that
>use JSR 45 for debugging, not just NetBeans.

Ahh -- that's good.  Please make sure to note them as such when you
report them.  It will raise their importance significantly.

>them. I prefer the latter approach, also because of the multi-user use
>case: if a single Tomcat installation (CATALINA_HOME) is used by
>multiple users (each having their own CATALINA_BASE), then the former
>approach does not work if each user has a different version of the JDK.

How about stopping support for that scenario?  I mean drop the
CATALINA_BASE versus CATALINA_HOME feature, (or set them to always equal
each other, if we want to leave them in the code base), and don't allow
users to share installations except by the user home directory valve.
The disk space benefits aren't worth it.  The central administration
benefits might be, but I wonder how many people use this.  Maybe an
informal survey on the user list is worth doing?

The rest of what you said, I agree with.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.