I hope this is Tomcat related. If not, please accept my apologies, and give me direction. I have removed from my Tomcat 5 (Struts 1.2 using a custom taglib) service the java.io.tempdir setting because when I use the following code:

    File file = new File(Classpath.WEB_INF +
                    "resource"        + File.separator +
                    "content_type"    + File.separator +
                    "ttf"             + File.separator +
                     physicalName);
    FileInputStream fontStream = new FileInputStream(file);
    Font font = Font.createFont(Font.TRUETYPE_FONT,fontStream);
    font = font.deriveFont(attributes);
    fontStream.close();

I get temp files of around 50 - 150 kilobytes each written to the temp directory. I requested assistance on Tomcat User without an answer.

Anyway, I assume that there may be a concurrency issue of somekind. Is that right? Anyone with any assistance out there?

Michael McGrady