----- Original Message ----- From: "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 10:06 PM
Subject: JMX Remote connection

Hi,

Not sure what's the new policy for loading the Jmx RMI connector. jk2.properties was a hack - and now that it is removed, I was wandering if we have any "official" mechanism.

At the moment, jk2.properties is still used (we're just not shipping the default one). It should be possible to configure JkMX via Connector attributes.

I had a small class that hooked in the connector, and I now refactored it to a webapp - nothing fancy ( it's not even "trusted" ), only loads rmiregistry and the jmx connector. I can check it in if there's no other
mechanism, it's very helpfull ( especially with JDK1.4/MX4j - in 5.0 there are the cli options )

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.