Mladen Turk wrote:
Bill Barker wrote:

Actually, on Solaris the big winner is ChannelNioSocket. It wins the performance race easily now. Too bad that NIO on Windows s*cks. I guess that JFA was right, and non-blocking sockets is the way to go.

He he. We shall see :)

:-). Just take a look at the GlassFish module called appserv-http-engine on java.net (http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/). I'm sure you will like it :-). And I'm sure this community can come with something even better....

-- Jeanfrancois

Now that I've looked at it a lot, however, I dislike the Java AJP impl, as it's way overengineered in comparison to what it required by the current Tomcat.

Hey, I like the overengineering ;-). Yeah, Costin got a little ambitious here before deciding to just use Coyote. On the other hand, when Mladen wants you to implement unix sockets for AJP/APR, ChannelUn is going to start to look good ;-).

Well, ChannelUn is obsolete because there is no need to add the
additional JNI wrapper, because we already have one.

Both unix sockets and NT pipes will be supported, by adding a single
param 'localAddress' or something. The platform local socket
AF_UNIX or NTPIPE will be used depending on the platform itself.

Regards,
Mladen.