----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:52 PM
Subject: JK 1.2.14 core dump oddity

> Something's not quite right in mod_jk-land.  The pertinent httpd.conf is;
>
> ErrorDocument 404 /examplestomcat/error.jsp
>
> Alias /examplestomcat "/local0/test/webapps/examplestomcat"
>
> JkMount /examplestomcat/*.jsp ajp13
>
> when the 404 causes error.jsp to be returned, the response code
> is unset from 404 to 200-ok.  This behavior is not a regression,
> seems it's been that way for a long (1.2.8 or earlier) time.

It goes back at least to 1.1.x.

> Line 1971 of jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c says...
>
>     return OK;  /* NOT r->status, even if it has changed. */
>
> This goes back to version 1.1 of the module; the question is; WHY?

You're the httpd expert, not me ;-).

As I understand it, it is to have httpd return the Tomcat response code
(which won't be 404 unless error.jsp explictly sets it to that).

> Bill
>
> Bill

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.