> I'm running Tomcat on linux. From the moment I start up
> Tomcat, I see 51
> processes and these processes takes up 142 MB of memory. Is
> this normal ?

Doesn't sound right to me.  Can you send a copy or the long output
of ps?  As well as a description of your configuration(OS, tomcat
standalone vs tomcat/apache, webapp configuration, etc...).

PS - Changed subject of thread to more appropriate subject.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
<A HREF="http://www.aswethink.com">Software As We Think</A>
<A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Michael Wentzel</A>