From: Steve Ruby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: woensdag 24 januari 2001 23:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Actually RE: Tomcat processes... (to Christoph Rooms)

Christoph Rooms wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So I putted -Xmx24m in after the java command in tomcat.sh
>
> What I see he now uses 50M. Anybody knows why ?
>
> greetz, Christoph

You can only configure the heap size for java, you can't limit
the total memory requirements of the JVM...  Limiting the
heap should catch any run-away servlets that might take
too much memory, or even tomcat in the even of a leak.

What version of tomcat are you using?

I started up tomcat 4.0 under linux with -Xmx24m and hit
a couple of servlets and I'm at 40meg VSZ and 14 RSZ
(using green threads).