We have developed a simple web application with two HTML forms.  The user
enters a lookup parameter on the form and submits it.  We have a Java
servlet that does retrieves the HTML form data, does a lookup via another
program, and then builds HTML that is returned to the browser.

Both of these applications work great by themselves.  I can go into
application 1, enter a customer number, submit the data and retrieve the
customer data.  I can do this as much as I want with no problems.  However,
if I now go into application 2, enter a supplier ID and submit the form, I
receive the error at the bottom of this e-mail.  If I shut everything down
and bring it back up and reverse the process (i.e., go into application 2
first), application 1 now generates the same error.

I have verified that there is but one java.policy file on this server and
that these servlets have been given appropriate permissions (they have
access to everything right now).  What am I missing?  Why do these run okay
individually, but not sequentially?

Error message follows.......

Error: 500
Location: /Nextel/servlet/SagaExample
Internal Servlet Error:
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
C:\ApacheGroup\TomCat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\Nextel\WEB-INF\classes
read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:890)
        at java.io.File.isDirectory(File.java:564)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava:481)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:174)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
        at
        at
7)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

J. Alan Brown
Senior Enterprise Integration Consultant
SAGA Software, Incorporated
Office: (678) 513-7592
Voice Mail: (770) 913-1474
Fax: (770) 390-9364