Perhaps this will work, though I am not so certain of the life cycle of a
servlet to say for sure:

Define the default (i.e. no argument) constructor for SuperServlet (its
signature is: SuperServlet() ) within which you call init. Any child of
SuperServlet should then automagically call init (or any override of it)
when its own default constructor is invoked: default constructors are
automatically invoked to the top of the inheritance hierarchy.

Dr. Wo
--
Tom Woteki, a.k.a. Dr. Wo
mail to:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>