Hey All-

Finally Finally, Finally, I figured out how to authenticate to Active
Directory.......(code below minus the login form).....now to go further,
I would like to implement Single Sign-On.....somehow we would need to
retrieve the user's name and password off their NT machine and use them
to automatically post the form......does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I was able to see in the log that it enumerates the groups of the
user,  but It didn't find the "Domain Users"
group.........hmmmm.....anyone know why?  I see the security group in AD
Comp & Users......

<SERVER.XML>

<Context>

            ......stuff

            ......stuff

            .....stuff

            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"

                        debug="99"

                        connectionURL="ldap://[Domain Controller]:389"

userBase="OU=Users,OU=Shawmut,DC=[Domain],DC=com"

                        userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})"

                        userRoleName="member"

roleBase="OU=Users,OU=Shawmut,DC=[Domain],DC=com"

                        roleName="memberOf"

roleSearch="(memberOf=CN=tomcat,CN=Users,DC=[Domain],DC=com)"

connectionName="CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=[Domain],DC=com"

                        connectionPassword="[password]"

                        roleSubtree="true"

                        userSubtree="true"/>

</Context>

<WEB.XML>

                        <security-constraint>

                                    <display-name>Show Tracker Security
Constraint</display-name>

                                    <web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>

<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

                                    </web-resource-collection>

                                    <auth-constraint>

<role-name>CN=Alloffice,OU=SDC,OU=Email Distribution
Lists,OU=Groups,OU=Shawmut,DC=[Domain],DC=com</role-name>

                                    </auth-constraint>

                        </security-constraint>

                        <login-config>

                                    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

                                    <realm-name>Show Tracker
Authentication Area</realm-name>

                                    <form-login-config>

<form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>

<form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>

                                    </form-login-config>

                        </login-config>