Chris Rolfe wrote:

That's what I thought at first, but this happens 80-90% of the time on the
100k+ files. There are two files on the same page, one 100-200k dialog, and
a 10-30k sentence.

It seems to me unlikely the users are hitting stop that quickly and that
often. These are reasonably fast university connections in a class setting.

Could it be another request hitting the server? Mishandling of partial GETs?

Related, the catalina Logger doesn't seem to take Filters (or am I missing
something?). I'd like to keep this cruft (in the meantime) out of the log.

I had tested the partial GET with stuff like GetRight and WinAMP (and telnet, obviously). I believe the feature works fine.
This exception can only occur on a client disconnect, so the only way it could happen is if too many bytes are written (which, I belive, works fine).

BTW, if you run a fileserver on Tomcat (unusal, and not the most efficient server for that use, but it works), then I think you should try 5.0.x, such as 5.0.9 or 5.0.12.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat