(Thanks for replying, btw :)

> I think you must have this row in your workers.properties:
> worker.list=ajp13

I'm afraid I already have that - I must have been a bit overenthusiastic
when snipping my file down to a manageable file for mailing list
purposes.

> >o isapi_redirect.dll from
> >http://apache.oregonstate.edu/jakarta/tomcat-3/bin/win32/i386/
> >(That's the only place I could find it, and it took a while
> to find...
> >should I be worried that it's in the Tomcat 3 directory?)
> >
> Go here instead. Seems better.
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/

Sounds promising, but unfortunately it's empty as far as I can see. (Or
rather, there are directories for coyote, jk, jk2 and webapp, but
they're all empty.)

> >o Registry entries in Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0 (which I think are
> >okay)

> They are, you have the green up

Good. One thing less to worry about :)

<snip>

> >server.xml has:
> >    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8081 -->
> >    <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
> >               port="8081" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
> >               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
> >               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="0"
> >               useURIValidationHack="false"
> >
> >protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
> >
> >    <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
> >    <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
> >               port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
> >               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
> >
> >I was slightly unsure about this - given that I want the first one
> >(note the non-default port, by the way) do I actually need
> the second?
> >Should I just be able to change teh port in workers.properties?
> >

> workers.properties in your configuration tells IIS that your worker
> (=tomcat) will listen at port 8009) while the
>
> Connector declaration in server.xml tells tomcat that it
> sould start the AJP13 Connector on port 8009. So, you need both.

Sorry - I wasn't clear. What I meant was, can I get rid of the
Ajp13Connector part of server.xml, and just use the JkCoyote connector?
Or can I get rid of the JkCoyote connector and just use the
Ajp13Connector? I can't see why I'd need both, but I'd appreciate any
advice on which is better, etc.

> >Any clues as to what I'm missing?

> IIS does listen on your requests and the dll is registered
> ok, but for some reason it can't map the request
> to a worker (= a running tomcat instance). I think it is because you
> miss the worker.list as I described it above.

How I wish that were the case.

One thing I'm *not* doing is specifying workers.tomcat_home or
workers.java_home - as I'm starting Tomcat up separately, I don't think
I need those. Is that right?

> I use jk2. Some people say it is not as stable as jk, but I have not
> encountered any problems with it yet.
> My reason is that the old jk does not support MBeans, don't
> ask what it is more precisely, but my tomcat
> will generate a (harmless) stacktrace at the beginning telling me
this.
> Later when I shut my tomcat down, the shutdown process takes a long
time,
> probably waiting to shut down the jk module in tomcat, which does not
support
> being shut down like a MBean or something. Have you the same
> experience with jk?

I haven't seen anything like that, although I needed to patch JK's
ChannelSocket class in order to get it to shut down cleanly. (It's fine
now though.)