Howdy,

>tomcat 4 as well, or just 5? If so, then presumably there is a logging
>properties config file somewhere, which the original poster could
>configure so that less output goes to the console?

Tomcat 4 to a lesser extent than tomcat 5.  You can add a configuration
file if you wish to customize logging.  You can put it in
$CATALINA_HOME/server/classes or /common/classes so that it affects
tomcat.

>I must either stop trying to do so much or be more efficient at what I
>am doing before I can launch into helping at tomcat. But it would be
>nice to take part. I am actually contributing patches at ant, but they
>seem to have hordes of people contributing diverse patches which they
>(seem to imho) wish they didn't have. Guess it's the broad nature of
>ant's functionality.

I feel pretty safe saying tomcat doesn't have the same problem.  Just
make sure to properly categorize your patch as an enhancement.  I can't
speak for other developers, but for one get annoyed (and therefore less
likely to act upon) a minor enhancement request submitted as a "Blocker"
severity level issue ;)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.