Howdy,

>Yoav Shapiro, I hope you're still out there.

I'm always out here ;)  Sometimes I don't feel
like answering but as I mentioned on taglibs-user,
this is more interesting than most questions on the
list.

>(1) and (2) deploy and run perfectly.  (3) deploys
>without any error messages to the log, but I still get
>that exception when I invoke the index.jsp:

OK, so we know your JSTL implementation used by apps
1 and 2 is fine, and that your tomcat installation is fine.
The problem has to be in how webapp 3, your app, configures
JSTL.

Are the taglib files in the right place?  Do the declarations
in webapp 3's web.xml file match the taglib locations?

You're also sure you have the distributed version of the
core taglib, right?  Not some customized version that may
not have the redirect tag defined?  In any case, it can't
hurt to double-check the core .tld file and make sure
the redirect tag is defined there.

>The JSP itself is quite simple:
>
><%@ page language="java" %>
>
><%@ taglib prefix="c"
>uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
>
><c:redirect url="api-welcome.jsp"/>
>
>It complains about the <c:redirect> tag.

Yup, line 4 char 0 from the error messages is
that redirect tag.  I would also enable more verbose
output from the JSP servlet (defined in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml).

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.