Hi Mike !

I guess the best way to test my theory is to try integrating Tomcat with Apache 2 yourself. There are real benefits for using RH's rpms, but if the integration takes too much effort, it may not be worth it. I haven't touched Tomcat for about 4 months now, but when I was working on my document for integrating Tomcat and Apache way back in May, I remember having considerable trouble with RH9's Apache 2, which led me to use Falsehope's rpms instead.

Regards,
pascal chong

Mike Millson wrote:

There are two compelling benefits to installing the RedHat rpms:
1) Updates and bug fixes can be installed automatically from the Red Hat
Network (https://rhn.redhat.com/).
2) Startup and shutdown scripts are already configured and available.

I would like to weigh these benefits against any specific disadvantages
to using the RedHat rpms.

I know, this is a tomcat list, but I think it's relevant.

Thank you,
Mike