I don't think that is the problem.  The startup script has no problem
reading JAVA_HOME or CATALINA_HOME.  It is only after bootstrap.jar is
executed and the server.xml file is read that the problem occurs.  It is
almost like the classloader that is being used cannot see catalina.jar
in /server/lib.  Is there any way to determine what classpaths are
available to the classloader at that point?

Nathan McMinn
Application Developer
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]