On 11/04/2003 01:43 PM Wade Chandler wrote:
Actually Red Hat isn't just dropping their free distro.  They are moving
to a model closer to the model you see right here.
http://fedora.redhat.com Why not just use that?  You are used to the Red
Hat setup (I guess).  SuSE is a good distro.  You could also use Debian,
but you'll find Red Hat and SuSE more commercially supported.  Depends
on what you need I guess.  You can still download Fedora for free (all
ISO's).  Their new model is a good thing.  Red Hat developers working
with the rest of the open source community.  Awesome.  They're more
open.

That's the first time I've seen anyone say anything good about RedHat for a while. I've heard some horror stories about RedHat from people
working for RedHat so hearing the other side of the coin is interesting.

What about this:
http://archive.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/01/02/19/010219oppetreley.xml

He says SuSE and all the others need to consolidate a linux standard, and he also doesn't say anything good about RedHat, he makes them sound like Microsoft.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9