From: "Eric Chow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 2:11 AM
Subject: Tomcat5 Clustering problem .

Hello,

I followed the Tomcat5 clustering document in jakarta site. But it seems not
work.

The following is the configuration in server.xml :

Tomcat1:
<Cluster  className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                  name="FilipsCluster1"
                  debug="10"

serviceclass="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                  mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                  mcastPort="45564"
                  mcastFrequency="500"
                  mcastDropTime="3000"
                  tcpThreadCount="2"
                  tcpListenAddress="auto"
                  tcpListenPort="4001"
                  tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                  printToScreen="false"
                  expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                  useDirtyFlag="true"
                  replicationMode="synchronous"
        />

Tomcat2:

<Cluster  className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                  name="FilipsCluster2"
                  debug="10"

serviceclass="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                  mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                  mcastPort="45564"
                  mcastFrequency="500"
                  mcastDropTime="3000"
                  tcpThreadCount="2"
                  tcpListenAddress="auto"
                  tcpListenPort="4002"
                  tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                  printToScreen="false"
                  expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                  useDirtyFlag="true"
                  replicationMode="synchronous"
        />

As I run two Tomcat5 instances in one machine, I changed the tcpListenPort
(4001, 4002). And the name is also different.

I used Apache JK as the Load Balance. The Load Balance is no problem, when
the Tomcat1 is crashed, it can switch to the Tomcat2, but failed to hold the
session  ?????

Anything I missed or how can solve it if I want to make Tomcat clustering
????

Platform:
JDK1.4.2
Win98