Ok, I read the PostgreSQL docs. It looks like AMD64 version is only
workable under kernel 2.6. The good thing about the new kernel 2.6 is that
FWIK you can have as many process/threads as you want cause it handles
order of magnitudes more than kernel 2.4.

I would also watch blackdown.org release schedule for their 64-bit version
of the jdk/jre. IMHO, they know Linux a lot better than the Sun group
does and are less combative with Linux. IBM jdk/jre is one to watch too.

Oscar