Did you notice that there is existing RPM for tomcat modules,
mod_jk and mod_jserv ?

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/rpms/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3-m1/rpms/

I'd really like you to rebuild the SRPMS, tag the release with mdk and
provide the SRPMS / RPMS back to Mandrake users...

La prise de conscience de votre propre ignorance est un grand pas vers la
connaissance.
-- Benjamin Disraeli