From: GOMEZ Henri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 3:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: mod_jk.so installation tar.gz...

>I picked up the source RPM for tomcat3.2.1.
>
>I've been checking in the startup script and I saw that
>JAVA_HOME is being
>set to /usr/IBMJava2-13. I was wondering if there is any
>particular reason
>for this or if it is fine to change it to the standard path
>for Sun's JDK
>1.3 for Mandrake? (/usr/java/jdk1.3)

You could use any JDK you want

>I'll setup a dependency for sun's jdk1.3 too.

Put a dependency for Java or JVM but not Sun specific.
Don't forget that users must have the choice and there is
at least 3 JDK publishers on Linux : Blackdown, IBM, Sun.
And there is also support for both JDK 1.1.8 and 1.3

>I also noticed that in tomcat.logrotate the name of the
>logfile has jserv in it, not jk.

Not really important since logrotate is not yet used.
We need to have a way to send a signal (ie via kill)
to the tomcat server, which will release it's hand
on the log file.

>If the above are stupid things then send me a e-slap.
>
>I found the updated RPM-HOWTO at http://www.oswg.org/oswg so I
>should be ok
>making them.

Thanks for the URL.

>Gimme a week (don't you DARE update the source! 8o) )

I'll release a new SRPMS from your updates ;-)