Hello,

 Please, before reading this, bare in mind that unfourtunately I am forced to use an
IIS and windows 2000, because of a client's demands, so changing to the desirable
*nix+apache+tomcat is not an option.

 Apparently everything is okay.
 Until the moment when you either reach the isapi_redirect.dll directly (because you
know the url and there's no point in defending security by obscurity) or call a
servlet.
 By the time either of this events happen, the tomcat java process jumps to 100% cpu
usage, until an indeterminate time, and provides no results.

 So, what could be happening? Here go some technical details on the machine:

  * windows 2000 (yuk)
    - no namesolver, all name must be solved by usage of the hosts file
  * IIS (default with win2k - yuk yuk)
  * tomcat 3.2.1
  * jdk 1.3.0

If anyone has a sensible opinion on this matter, please, share your thoughts with me
on the list, since this could be a future trouble shooter.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?