----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Hardy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: Unexpected Redirect to https
Hi

Thanks for responding.

The security-constraints are

<security-constraint>

<display-name>Example Security Constraint</display-name>

<web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>

<!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->

<url-pattern>/jsp/*</url-pattern>

<!-- If you list http methods, only those methods are protected -->

<http-method>DELETE</http-method>

<http-method>GET</http-method>

<http-method>POST</http-method>

<http-method>PUT</http-method>

</web-resource-collection>

<auth-constraint>

<!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->

<role-name>tomcat</role-name>

<role-name>renter</role-name>

</auth-constraint>

<user-data-constraint>

<description>dummy</description>

<transport-guarantee/>

</user-data-constraint>

</security-constraint>

Alan

> On 12/18/2003 12:20 PM&nbsp;Alan Halley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Tomcat 4.1.29 on XP Home.
> > I trying to configure Form based authentication with a DataSource based
Realm.  I've followed the server and web.xml given in the examples supplied
with Tomcat.

> > When I try to access my protected index.jsp the request gets redirected
to the https port, as follows:

> > Authenticator[/FlatMate]: Security checking request GET
/FlatMate/jsp/index.jsp
> > Authenticator[/FlatMate]:   Checking constraint
'SecurityConstraint[Protected Area]' against GET /jsp/index.jsp --> true
https://localhost:8443/FlatMate/jsp/index.jsp