From: Peter Nguyen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 12:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat service using JDBC-ODBC bridge

I am running Tomcat on Windows 2000 with jdk1.2.2. I have servlets accessing
an
MS Access and Oracle database. The servlets work fine with Sun's JDBC-ODBC
bridge against MS Acces and Oracle's thin driver against the Oracle
database.

When I set Tomcat up as a NT service Oracle worked fine after I put the
Oracle
drivers on the classpath in wrapper.properties.

However, I started to have problems when I tried to get the MS Access
connection. The driver registered fine but attempting to get a connection
resulted in:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

Note that the exact same configuration worked fine when running Tomcat as a
normal app and not as a service. Does Sun's JDBC-ODBC bridge rely on
something
else that is not accessible when run as a service? Or did I miss something
else?

Cheers,
Peter