Hi Daniel, happy holidays to you... what are we fools doing 'working' !?

> You can get binary and source code at:
http://www.shiftomat.com/opensource/index.html

I've added an update to my guide making people aware of your
distribution.

> Since 1.4.2 and Tomcat 5.0.16 it is sufficient to download only the
JRE

I too would be interested to know if this is the case. I thought the SDK
was required because the JSP/Servlets are being compiled on-the-fly and
therefore the additional SDK components are required.

> Registry
> There are additional registry entries for jk2
> #define USE_AUTH_COMP_TAG       ("authComplete")
> #define THREAD_POOL_TAG         ("threadPool")
> #define SEND_GROUPS_TAG         ("sendGroups")

I discovered the 'new' registry key requirements by running RegMon on
the Server and watching what Apache keys inetinfo.exe reads when it
loads isapi_redirector2.dll

It does query authComplete and threadPool, but not sendGroups or
logLevel. I kind of 'guessed' at changing log_level to logLevel based on
the new format of the other keys. As it isn't read from the registry I'm
guessing it is not used any more.

>I set authComplete to 0 and threadPool to 20. I have not found any
>documentation for sendGroups. It defaults to 0.

> Run WWW service in IIS 5.0 isolation mode

>This is the big point. To run IIS 6.0 in native mode, all files used by
jk2 must be add to the Web extensions:
jk2.properties
workers2.properties
isapi_redirector2.dll
jk2.shm

I'm not sure this is the only requirement. I think the issue is more to
do with the compartment model the DLL uses, so that when used in a
'shared' environment a failure serving one web application doesn't bring
down all the rest.

I've had a response from a Microsoft IIS guy who says the DLL would need
to be rewritten to take advantage of IIS 6's new isolation scheme.

TJ.