Johan Coens wrote:

Hello all,

We have tomcat running with a webapplication based on Mediasurface (content
mangement system). The performance of the web app is very different from
machine to machine. On 1 dev. machine the performance is approx. 400 - 1000
ms. a page, on another 8000 - 14000 ms. I've copied the complete tomcat
directory to the slow dev. machine, running the same jdk, same os and same
patches, but still the machine performance is slow.

Can anybody point out what the cause can be of this dramatic performance
difference?

Are the machines identical? Memory, disks,...

You can use heavy artillery, like "vmstat", "iostat" to see if something looks bad. You can also profile your application.

Nix.