At 09:36 PM 1/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
IIS 5.0, Tomcat 4.1.29, Windows XP and 2000

I am trying to use the Tomcat/ISAPI Redirection installer from
http://www.shiftomat.com/opensource

It looks for contexts to map by listing everything in <TOMCAT>/webapps that
is not ROOT, therefore I need my app expanded on deployment.

Currently for some readon I cannot get my WAR to be expanded. I have an
<App>.war and an <app>-context.xml file copied into the webapps/ directiory
on deployment, and even after I restart Tomcat it will not expand.  However
if I do not include an <app>-context.xml in the webapps dir in does expand
the WAR.

Any clue what is going on? How can I get the behavior that I want?

Sure, upgrade to Tomcat5. It has the behavior you want. Tomcat 4.1.xx behaves exactly as you describe. It isn't a bug, its a feature. Tomcat5 simply has a different feature :-)

Jake

Thanks in advance,
Frank