hmm, you are using mod_jk2 and the syntax seems to be for mod_jk

filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Brennon Obst [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 4:58 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.0 & mod_jk Configuration

Attn: Bill Barker

Dear usergroup,

In my httpd.conf I have added my jk module sucessfully but my syntax
complains when I declair my workers file as follows.

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk.dll

#
# Configure mod_jk - sytax error apparently
#
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
#JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
#JkLogLevel info

The sytax error is:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache.exe -t
Syntax error on line 140 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.con
f:
Invalid command 'JkWorkersFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not
included in the server configuration

This use to work I am assuming with mod_jk however now it does not.

I am using the guide located here:
http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/

Thank you in advance,

/brennon

> Thank you for the reply,
>
> Could you please clairify a few points.
> 1. Is the new home available for web access?

It is just a re-packaging, nothing more.  TC 5 doesn't contain the
o.a.ajp.** packages.

> 2. For <Listener
> className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so"

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" ... />
Everything else is the same.

> 3. Is there a new version of the how-to for jk2/Apache2/tomcat5.0 ?

Not yet (As another thread has pointed out, I'm not the best doc writer
:). The TC 4 docs are still vaild, once you change the package name
however. Also, ApacheConfig doesn't work with mod_jk2:  It is only for
mod_jk.