We have form based authentication working as follows :

1.) Customer requests access to a realm
2.) Redirect to login page
3.) Customer authenticates
4.) Customer redirected to realm as original request

No we want to add registration and have the following happen

1.) Customer requests access to a realm
2.) Redirect to login page
3.) Customer doesn't have an account yet and accesses registration page
4.) Customer registers
5.) On successful registration the customer is redirected to the original request

Now to get this working we need the following, both of which we are not sure are currently provided by the authentication framework.

-Ability to access the original (SavedRequest) from a JSP / Servlet

-Ability to "auto/fake" login from within the webapplication

Is this currently possible ?

Thanks
Alex
Alexander F. Hartner
eMail :         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work :  +27-11-646-6459
Fax :   +27-11-646-5868

The programmers of old were mysterious and profound. We cannot fathom their thoughts, so all we do is describe their appearance.
Aware, like a fox crossing the water. Alert, like a general on the battlefield. Kind, like a hostess greeting her guests. Simple, like uncarved blocks of wood. Opaque, like black pools in darkened caves. Who can tell the secrets of their hearts and minds? The answer exists only in the Tao.

-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"