Paul

Not that I am aware of. In TC5 you are suppose to be able to do server.xml
fragments. Will be going there soon.

Some things to try:

Reboot.

Recheck logs.

Not sure if order of elements in server.xml is important, try grouping the
<Resource auth=...... with the <ResourceParams......

Try a direct connect without the connection pool. Confirms all other data is
correct.

Where are the jdbc drivers located? I believe they need to be in common/lib
for a GlobalDataSource.

Check spelling and capitalization.

Confirm the syntax on this:
<value>jdbc:informix-sqli://oscar1.travel2.com:1420/oscars:INFO
RMIXSERVER=oscars_dbsrv</value>

Looks like you have missed something and concatenated to lines.

Try just this:
<value>jdbc:informix-sqli://oscar1.travel2.com:1420/oscars</value>

Mine looks like this:
<value>jdbc:mysql://172.16.1.1:3306/golf?autoReconnect=true</value>

All else fails, go back and start over and set it up EXACTLY like the
example how-to. Then try making minor changes. Yes, I know you will have to
substitute the correct drivers. After you get it working in one context then
try setting up the Global one.

Doug