----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Mahoney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Parsons Technical Services'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
"'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 8:35 AM
Subject: RE: Problem using JNDI/DBCP to get DataSouce

Some progress but still not working.

1. Using my connection parameters I can open a connection to the database in
the standard JDBC way.

2. I have to moved the DataSource configuration from GlobalNamingResources
to the apps Context area of server.xml. This seems to have allowed the JNDI
look-up to work. I now get a DataSource instance with sensible contents.

3. But when I ask for a connection it throws
    "Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted"
   with a nested exception
    "Could not create a validated object"

Beginning to think it's not me but the tomcat server. I'm now moved to
4.1.24 to 4.1.30 but no improvement :(