From: Kawthar Bt M Sulaiman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: JDBC problems with MySQL

I got the same error message as yours.  Still trying to figure out
myself.....

--Kawthar

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 17/03/2004 05:46:43 AM >>>
It appears the attachment is stripped off.. Makes sense.. Here is the
file.
[wolfgang]# cat context.xml
<Context path="/DBTest" docBase="DBTest"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

             prefix="localhost_DBTest_log." suffix=".txt"
             timestamp="true"/>

  <Resource name="jdbc/TestDB"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
         configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
         all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>100</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
         Set to 0 for no limit.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>30</value>
    </parameter>
    <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>javauser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>javadude</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Class name for mm.mysql JDBC driver -->
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
         The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that
the
         mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if mysqld
closed
the
         connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections after
8
hours.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/javatest?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>
[wolfgang]#