Daryl Stultz wrote:

"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi,
Not, tomcat doesn't require a JRE ;) It requires a JDK, always has.
And the location of the JDK installation is not hard-coded anywhere.

Are you sure? I know the JRE is installed as a part of the Java SDK, but I think you'll find that if you remove the JRE, Tomcat will break in exactly the way that Daryl describes. As I understand it, Tomcat runs using the JRE but requires the Java SDK to actually compile the JSP pages. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's the only way I'll learn ;-)

Cheers,

Jon