Hi Adam,

I've put together a simple test for posting to a secured resource which
seems to throw up a problem.  Included files are the web app.  Based on
JBoss3.2.3 embedded tomcat4.1.

Martin

Index.html

form.html
                <form action="process.jsp" method="post">
                        <input type="text" name="text1"/>
                        <input type="submit" value="OK"/>
                </form>

login.html
<h4>Please login:</h4>
<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">
<input type="text" name="j_username">
<input type="password" name="j_password">
<input type="submit" value="OK">
</form>

process.jsp
text1=<%=request.getParameter("text1")%>

WEB-INF\web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app >

   <session-config>
      <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
   </session-config>

 <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Signon</web-resource-name>
      <description>Declarative security tests</description>
      <url-pattern>/form.html</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/process.jsp</url-pattern>
      <http-method>HEAD</http-method>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
      <http-method>POST</http-method>
      <http-method>PUT</http-method>
      <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>customer</role-name>
      <role-name>merchant</role-name>
      <role-name>admin</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
      <description>no description</description>
      <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <form-login-config>
                <form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
                <form-error-page>/login.html</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>
  </login-config>

  </web-app>

WEB-INF\jboss-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
"http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_3_0.dtd";>

<jboss-web>

   <security-domain>java:/jaas/authtest</security-domain>

   <!-- Resource Environment References -->

   <!-- Resource references -->

   <!-- EJB References -->

</jboss-web>