And of course:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#Tyrex%20Connection%20Pool

Although I'm not sure how actively maintained Tyrex is these days.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tyrex/

Jon

Jon Wingfield wrote:

There is always a way ;)

Saw this the other day:
http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=24879

Googled for this for JTA integration with tomcat:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/07/30/jotm_transactions.html

JNDI config for tomcat:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Have fun,

Jon

Hassan Sajjad wrote:

Jon Wingfield, thanks for your reply.

My application is a Web Application (.war) only, no ejb's etc. However,
since I'm using Composite View Pattern (aka Templating), I want different
parts to be combined into One View, all in one transaction. This is done in
a Servlet.
Now if Tomcat doesn't provide a reference to an implementation of
javax.transaction.UserTransaction, through JNDI lookup, then I believe there
must be some other of doing this. e.g. Using a third party package that
provides the implementation of javax.transaction api and plugging it in the
application. Do you know of any?

Remember, after all this is on the Web Tier, Tomcat tier, there must be a
way of doing it!

Thanks
Hassan