Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: QM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 3:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Struts with Tomcat and Apache

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 03:01:30PM -0700, David Short wrote:
: Hey John,
:
: When you get home, would you mind posting the names of the books?

I'm not John, but I'll play him on TV. ;)

Seriously:

"Struts in Action" (Husted et al, Manning Press) has been my guide.
It's a little heavy on the theory at times, but I find that much more
useful than the quick-hit books that leave you stranded the minute you
want to do something advanced.

This text covers Tiles, I18N, declarative exception handling, and
several other topics that other books (at the time, at least) either
glossed over or omitted entirely.

Don't be fooled by its age: it's technically written for Struts 1.0
(with a chapter or two on 1.1), but much of the book is Overall Struts
Concepts which makes it largely version-independent.

Just be careful of which printing you get: the first printing was rife
with typos. For a while I had two bookmarks: one, for the page I was
reading; the other, for the page I'd made corrections based on the
publisher's errata site... ;)

If you're interested, there was also a recent thread on the struts-user
list of this same topic.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net