Hi,

I have set up four tomcat 5.0 servers for load balancing using an apache2
server and mod_jk2 on RedHat 9.0.  The trouble that I am having is that most of
the user sessions are routed to only one of the tomcat servers even though the
lb_factor for all is the same, 10.  All tomcat servers seem to be working since
I can disable all but one in the workers2.properties file to force that tomcat
server to be used.  Chnaging the lb_factor can also cause a different tomcat
server to be used most of the time, but I haven't figured out how to control
the balancing by lb_factor.

Below is the workers2.properties file that I am using.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
-Tom

# workers2.properties

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.log

#[shm:]
#info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
#file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.shm
#size=1000000
#debug=0
#disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
debug=0
timing=1
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
ver=1
info=Default load balancer.
debug=10

[channel.socket:psahammerhead:8009]
ver=1
graceful=0
info=A tomcat instance - psahammerhead.
debug=0
disabled=0
group=lb
tomcatId=psahammerhead
lb_factor=10

[channel.socket:psashovelhead:8009]
ver=1
graceful=0
info=A tomcat instance - psashovelhead.
debug=0
disabled=0
group=lb
tomcatId=psashovelhead
lb_factor=10

[channel.socket:psabonnethead:8009]
ver=1
graceful=0
info=A tomcat instance - psabonnethead.
debug=0
disabled=1
group=lb
tomcatId=psabonnethead
lb_factor=10

[channel.socket:psawinghead:8009]
ver=1
graceful=0
info=A tomcat instance - psawinghead.
debug=0
disabled=1
group=lb
tomcatId=psawinghead
lb_factor=10

[status:status]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/jkstatus]
group=status:status

# Map the Tomcat examples webbapp
[uri:/myapp/*]