From: QM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: "No Java compiler was found" error from time to time

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 03:28:35PM -0700, Fedor Smirnoff wrote:
: Besides that for some reason no matter what I do I cannot change the heap
: size it stays at 66MB. Going to Windows System Enviroment variables and
: setting JAVA_OPTS to be (-Xmx512m -Xms256m) does not affect it at all, I
: don't think I need to restart server do I? restarting Tomcat doesn't help

You probably don't want that as a systemwide setting.  All Java
processes would claim a 256m min heap. ;)

You could edit the start script (catalina.bat, under Windows, iirc) and
put the params there.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net