Which memory are you talking about:
- Java Heap
  If this doesn't go down after a load peak
  where the load of the heap was near the limit
  you have a problem. (In your test it did get down)
  To solve that, you have to find a reproducable test
  that exposes the problem and run a profiler with that.

- OS Memory as reported by the task manager
  This will never ever go down until restart.