Yoav,

> Make sure you understand what a request URI is for the HTTP protocol.
> It will have neither the GET (method name) nor the protocol spec
> (HTTP/1.1 above).  Read and understand the JavaDocs for the
> HttpServletRequest interface completely.

I have been looking at the Access Logs daily.

Anytime a legitimate user accesses my site everything is preceded with a GET
or POST and a jsp or gif that I can recognize.  Initially a session starts
off with a plain GET / HTTP/1.1 or 1.0 so I should allow these, but all
other legitimate usage mentions my files.  It sounds like you are saying
that there are other requests that are not in the access log?

Thanks,

Larry Nobs