Eric Noel wrote:
Hey yoav is just saying that usually for tomcat users we always goto the tomcat site which is
-http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

Hi, I think its pretty clear that I did go to the site....how else would I have obtained the release or know there was a new release unless I had been checking the site?

then of course it would be logical that if we want to find docs, on the left pane we click the documents section menu of tomcat 5 page
-http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/index.html

Uh, a changelog is important enough to have it's own listing outside of the documentation, on the main page, or in the actual release. Not asking too much I thought.

after that page was loaded at the bottom part you will find
-http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/changelog.html

Once again, a changelog is important enough to not put it in a relatively obsure place like the bottom left of a navigation menu. Not to put you out, but I did look around the site for some time, including downloading both source and binary release just to make sure they weren't inside there somewhere. Pardon the new user who might miss the single link at the bottom of a subpage, among the myriad of other links. I was simply frustrated it wasn't in a more prominent place. So why don't you stop being a smartass and just consider putting the changelog in a more prominent place so new users interested in the project, but not necessarily familiar with it, can try to become informed users. Logically, of course.

Zachary Hartley